• Luxury vegan sandwich with homemade vegan Cheddar, white bean-sundried tomato spread and bean and zucchini cutlets
• Crunchy vegetable salad with creamy peanut butter and orange sauce and smokey barbecue tofu
• Juicy spinach and green bean lasagna with sunflower seed cream
• Fruit cake with coconut whipped cream on a raw crust
We had a lot of fun and the plates were clean afterwards. Here you can see some beautiful photos made by Mari-Liis Ilover. Scroll to the very end to see the salad recipe.
Crunchy vegetable salad with peanut butter-orange sauce and BBQ tofu
I like my salads hearty. They almost always are more like a main dish and less than a simple salad. This salad is super crunchy and served with a delicious, rich and creamy peanut butter-orange sauce and crispy barbecue tofu. I just adore this combo! Definitely try this recipe out and you will fall in love!
SERVES: one huge salad bowl (about 10-15 people)
- one little red cabbage head (or a piece of a bigger one)
- 6 bigger carrots
- one little root celery (or a piece of a bigger one)
- some radishes
- some arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of half a lemon
Wash the cabbage and cut into thin shreds. Put the cabbage shreds into a huge salad bowl. Wash and peel the carrots and cut them into tiny strips. Add the carrot strips to the salad. Peel the root celery, cut into tiny strips and add to the salad as well. Wash the radishes, cut into thin slices and add to the salad along with arugula, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well with your hands.
Peanut butter and orange sauce:
- 10 oz / 300 g salted and roasted peanuts
- 1 ¼ cups / 300 ml orange juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce or tamari
Blend the peanuts until you have a smooth peanut butter. Add orange juice and soy sauce and blend more, until you have a creamy sauce.
Smokey barbecue tofu:
- 3 x 9 oz / 3 x 250 g firm tofu
- oil for cooking
- your favorite vegan barbecue sauce
Cut the tofu into triangles. Heat up some oil on a pan (about 4 Tbsp). Add the tofu triangles and pan-fry them on both sides until crispy. Mix the cooked triangles with barbecue sauce (use plenty).
Serve the salad with the peanut butter and orange sauce and crispy barbecue tofu.