Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cups / 150 g white mushrooms
- 1 tsp salt
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- freshly grated lemon zest of one lemon
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup / 250 ml vegan cooking cream (I used Alpro Soya) or make your own!
- + freshly boiled pasta for serving (I used penne)
When you start making the sauce, I recommend to boil the pasta at the same time. For the sauce: heat up some oil on a pan. Add finely chopped onions. Cook for a couple of minutes until slightly golden brown. Add chopped mushrooms. Cook for a minute. Add salt, pepper, thyme and grated lemon zest. Cook for a minute. Add lemon juice and cream. Let it simmer on a medium heat for a couple of minutes. Serve right away with freshly boiled pasta!