Even if you are not a vegan or a vegetarian, this kind of menu could be a really great alternative for your regular weekly cooking. And if you are a vegan, then sometimes it's nice if you don't have to think so hard about planning your menu and writing your grocery shopping lists. That's right - I even wrote down a nice shopping list with all the ingredients needed for this menu. And even better - now you can conveniently print it out. Just click "Print PDF" at the bottom of this recipe and you can choose if you want to keep the images too or just go with a simple text file. So things are getting pretty easy for you now. You just print the list out or keep it in your phone, go to a grocery store and gather the ingredients for a following week. And then you can easily cook these simple, tasty and satisfying vegan meals for you and your family. And if you happen to have some leftovers, you can take them with you to work or to school. Nice! But lets get to business and start with the beginning of the week:
It think it's great to start your week with a hearty pilaf with kidney beans.
Why not to cook this creamy lemon and mushroom pasta for a satisfying Tuesday dinner?
In the middle of the week, your tummy is crying for a nice and refreshing simple tomato and noodle soup with potatoes.
A day before the beginning of the weekend, it is a great idea to cook a batch of these incredibly simple bean and zucchini cutlets to hang on until Friday. Serve them with potatoes and gravy or a as a burger.
Celebrate Friday with this vibrant and healthy beet curry. Serve it with rice for example.
Now it's time to write down the shopping list. I only assume that you have some oil and salt at your home. If not, get them too!
I tried to list the ingredients as logical as I could. Like they are usually placed in the stores. Vegetables together, spices and herbs together and so on. Here is the full list needed to cook this whole menu:
- 7 onions
- 3 carrots
- 4-5 potatoes
- 2 larger beets (raw)
- 1 smaller head of fresh broccoli
- one medium zucchini
- 1 thumb-sized root of ginger
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 pomegranate
- 5 ¼ oz / 150 g white mushrooms
- fresh parsley
- one pack of rice
- whole-wheat flour (only ¾ cup / 100 g needed)
- some quality pasta for making creamy lemon and mushroom pasta
- pack of small noodles for making tomato and noodle soup
- 4 cans of red kidney beans (one can is 14 oz / 400 g)
- 1 can of coconut milk (14 oz / 400 ml)
- about 4-5 cups / 1 liter tomato juice
- dried thyme
- curry powder
- some bay leaves
- ground black pepper
- soy sauce
- 1 cup / 250 ml vegan cream (Alpro Soya for example)
- PS! Also buy some more potatoes or burger material (buns, some fresh salad and some vegan sauce) to serve with the bean and zucchini cutlets.
Have a tasty week!